Our Meetings - When, Where, How Long ?
 Kent Valley NA Group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mikey

USA
7 Posts

Posted - February 05 2009 :  13:06:49  Show Profile  Visit Mikey's Homepage  Send Mikey an AOL message  Send Mikey a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As webservant for South King County I obtained updated meeting information from all GSR's this month. KVNA reports having started at least as early as 1982 and possibly before then. We hope to confirm the actual month and year very soon and will post an update at that time.

One Disease . . . One Program

jwhayes
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - February 22 2009 :  06:33:39  Show Profile  Send jwhayes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

My name is JW and I am an addict and "I am Happy to be Here, Happy to be Anywhere!

I will wade in since I am the person who secured the meeting place and organized the first KVNA meeting! As I recall, there were two (or three) meetings in Seattle when I started KVNA. I say this because Marjorie, Bruce, and others had been bugging me to start a meeting south of Seattle for several months. I had attended meetings in Seattle. As I recall, there was a meeting on Tuesday or Wednesday night and the meeting at the old Fremont hall on Saturday during the day before I started KVNA. I believe BOC started very shortly after KVNA.

I was also directly involved in starting Friday Nite Alive, and the "Tuesday Night Floaters". When Dave H. (Railroad Dave) got clean, I 12-stepped him at Auburn Hospital. We started driving up to meetings in Seattle several times a week. He would be able to shed light on this topic.

With Love in Fellowship,

JW

Love All Serve All
JW
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pacific Northwest Narcotics Anonymous History Committee Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03